Help me asap infection???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick562

Reaction score
I am getting the bottling go as we speak and i opened up my secondary after dry hopping for a week and now there is stuff all in my beer what is it???

i dont know how to put pics up but it looks like frosted flakes if you left them in the milk for to long and they get all soggy??

We really can't diagnose without pictures. Most of the time it is just yeasr, either rafst that have floated from the trub, or it is the remainder of krausen. How long has it been in the fermenter? Are you sure it is time to bottle? Have you taken a gravity reading?

I have those in my brews too. If you dry hopped with leaf hops, it is hops. Or maybe the hop pelets you used were just pressed leaf hops and not ground up peices.

Just my 2 cents.

Dick562

Looks like floating hops to me. Did you dry hop in a bag or just poor your hops in the secondary?

crazy looking hops but im new any good way to get it into the bottling bucket with out taking the hops with the beer? if it is hops

the hops i put in were all crushed up pellets its all i had

crazy looking hops but im new any good way to get it into the bottling bucket with out taking the hops with the beer? if it is hops

the hops i put in were all crushed up pellets its all i had
Wrap the end of your hose with a cheese cloth or hop sack.

Have you read about cold crashing? Check it out with the seach feature.

Actually, thats how most of my beer looks towards the end of fermentation. Get another clean bucket. "Decant" to the second bucket. Place a siphon hose about two inches below the surface, floaters float and sinkers have sunk, you'll miss most of it. Bottle from there.

If you use a bottling wand, the wand will catch most of the rest.

I have to clean out my bottling wand ocassionally if it starts running too slow.

Set the last few bottles off to the side and drink them yourself. No-one will know or care.

I wouldn't worry about doing anything special when you bottle or rack it. The stuff on the surface will float down on the surface as you rack it to the keg or bottling bucket. You'll leave it all behind.

I know some hop parts have shown up in a few bottles of mine. No taste, but they just look gross, so I now filter them out just to be sure.

Just me, I guess.

Back