Help converting extract recipe into AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle_jimbo

Reaction score
Doing my first AG brew next week. I've made this Blonde Ale extract recipe a few times now with a ton of success and I'd like to duplicate it with All-Grain.

Can someone please help out a guy who doesn't know his grains all that well yet? I'm assuming mostly Two-Row, but don't know where to start.

1/2 lb Crystal 10L (Steep)
6 lb Golden Light DME
1 lb Wheat DME

1/2 oz Centennial (60 min)
1/2 oz Centennial (30 min)
1/2 oz Centennial (5 min)

5 gallon batch

I don't know if the hops are relevant or not, other than the fact that I'll be doing a full boil now, whereas I was doing 3 gallon boils and topping off.

Thanks!

Do you know what type of wheat extract you used? By that, I mean...what was the % of wheat to two-row? 40/60, 50/50, etc.?

Now that you know it's 65% wheat, it's a little easier to convert to all-grain. I'd suggest looking at this article so you can understand it on your own. Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - Story Index - Recipe Calculations - Extract to All-Grain and Back

If you have any problems, let me know and I'll help you through it.

Latest posts

Back