Help choosing a ro system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigtwins

Reaction score
I am looking to get a ro filter for my brewing water only. Not sure where to start. Would like some input from those of you that have one. Pros/cons of brands, and availability of replacement filters. Would like to keep the cost down if possible.

I bought a 100GPD system off of ebay years ago and have been happy with it.

Purchase one with a clear filter housing on the first filter so you can seen when it gets dirty.

50 to 100 gallon per day will work. You don't need the pressure tank if you are going to just run off to buckets for brewing.

Pulled an image off ebay. I don't have any affiliation with these guys so do your due diligence before buy (ratings etc)

$_12.JPG

I know a few people who have bought from Bulkreefsupply.com. I think they are happy with their purchases.

I found RO water at my local grocery for less than 40 cents a gallon, so I quit looking into a household system

Many threads on this... you can easily get a 100 GPD system with 50 gallon reservoir tank, and auto shut off valve for less that $160.
It's nice to have 50 gallons of pure water on hand for brewing and when society crumbles.

I bought a 100GPD system off of ebay years ago and have been happy with it.

Purchase one with a clear filter housing on the first filter so you can seen when it gets dirty.

50 to 100 gallon per day will work. You don't need the pressure tank if you are going to just run off to buckets for brewing.

Pulled an image off ebay. I don't have any affiliation with these guys so do your due diligence before buy (ratings etc)

$_12.JPG

I got the same thing off ebay except mine has a 2 gallon tank and and a faucet. I like the tank. Mine also has clear housings for all three. Having some ready to go for a starter without waiting is convenient. I wouldn't have room for a 50 gallon tank.

Back