Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich711

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from Hartford Wisconsin, 45 minutes NW of Milwaukee.

My name is Rich and I drink quite a bit of beer, but have never made any as yet.

Since I last visited this forum, I have acquired a propane burner, a 7 gallon stainless brew pot, a couple of 6 Gal plastic brew pails, 2 carboys, thermometers, a hydrometer, tubes and siphons, and a Irish Red Ale kit. Hope I am ready. I am presently making some space for my brew operations.

Once I get the hang of it, I hope to be making some Belgium styled cherry beer and then some hard apple cider and a cornucopia of the kind of beers you get from the Microbrewery.

If all goes well, I hope to attend my favorite party, Milwaukee’s Food and Froth festival this coming February, with a new perspective.

Cheers : :mug:

Rich

I don't see sanitizer or a chilling apparatus in there ;)

Congrats and welcome Rich! It's a fantastic hobby, to be sure. Enjoy, have fun, and stop in often to ask and share!

Welcome, Rich from Hartford, from a guy who used to live in Oconomowoc! And just a word of warning: brewing is HIGHLY addictive! Welcome, again, to this little corner of insanity.

glenn514:mug:

I don't see sanitizer or a chilling apparatus in there ;)

Congrats and welcome Rich! It's a fantastic hobby, to be sure. Enjoy, have fun, and stop in often to ask and share!
Yea – I have the sanitizer. The chiller next on my list. I am going to have to improvise the chill for the first few batches.

On the subject of sanitation, I was thinking of making a clean space at my brew location to minimize possible contamination. Looking for what I might use to clean the items such as my improvised counter spaces and the like.

What is a good cleaner, amonia, bleach, dish soap, vinegar or what?

Rich

Back