Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mykayel

Reaction score
Well, I figured its time for another hobby (and yes I already have too many). I've helped my brother brew a few times and I always love his beers, so I figured its time to start reading up on the science and art of brewing beer. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as it appears there's a plethera of information out there. Thanks for any help in advance.

This is a great hobby. Not only do you have fun doing it but you get to drink the rewards. Don't feel any presure about asking questions, we were all where you are at one point. So if you do have any queries just ask but a quick search might get you your answer quicker. Welcome!!

Oh, don't let anyone fool ya, this is way more than a hobby....won't take long for it to become an obesession!!! Misery loves company.....heheheh

starts out as "I can brew in plastic buckets with extracts" and quickly turns into "I need more kegs to condition one batch while I brew the next, and then 'for only 200 bucks more, I can do all grain and save on my per batch costs"....then comes the RIMS vs HERMS and you're suddenly moving into a new apartment just to hold all your gear!!! hehehe....I managed to stop my obsession by moving into a place that had a storage barn twice the size of my house - just so I have room for all my brewing equipment!!

Hehe, seriously, welcome aboard.....I am a newbie to this group also, and have learned a great deal in the short time I've been here...it's a great group of folks...homebrewers seem to be willing to spread their affliction to others - probably to deflect their guilt in spending insane amounts of money in order to save by making beers they would otherwise spend several bucks a bottle for!!!!! hehehehe

If anything, you'll meet some cool folks, so......WELCOME!!!!

Peace,

chris (aka hippiefreak)
http://db.etree.org/chorner

Back