Hello... new from West Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burton

Reaction score
I posted in another part of the forum and realized I should probably do an introduction. I am a new homebrewer from Kalamazoo, MI (home of Bells Brewery) :) Still doing extract brews on the stovetop but I think I'm investing in some equipment upgrades pretty soon.

One question that I have been trying to answer while browsing the forums... are there many other female homebrewers??? It doesn't seem so....

Welcome, Burton!

I'm not too far away, but a bit further south west. In terms of female brewers, they are a fairly scarce bunch. There are a number of female brewers here on HBT, but as you might expect they are far outnumbered by the guys. It's always great to see more women getting into the hobby, though.

Greetings! My IN-laws are living in Plainwell, just north of Kzoo.

Yes there are a few female brewers on here. Most notably Yooperbrew, but there are a few more yet. Funny I can only remember Rachael, but that's not her screen name.

They are certainly in the minority.

You have once again reminded me that I really need to plan a trip to KZoo and visit Bells. I've only ever gone to their supply store. Never toured the place or visited the Eccentric Cafe.

Greetings! My IN-laws are living in Plainwell, just north of Kzoo.

Yes there are a few female brewers on here. Most notably Yooperbrew, but there are a few more yet. Funny I can only remember Rachael, but that's not her screen name.

They are certainly in the minority.

You have once again reminded me that I really need to plan a trip to KZoo and visit Bells. I've only ever gone to their supply store. Never toured the place or visited the Eccentric Cafe.

Might be worth waiting until they finish their renovations.... the place is pretty torn up right now but should be SWEET in a few months when the expansion is finished.:mug:

Back