Hello, new form Louisiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finchlake

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new new brewer for Haile, Louisiana ( that's right, The homebrewer from Haile!):mug: I'm a Telecommunications Engineer and I got my taste for craft beer from traveling the country doing contract engineering work. Whereever I go I look up the brew pubs and taste the local beer. I did n't know what I was getting, just knew it was better that the fizzy yellow stuff back home.

Homebrews are a oddity around here (haven't meet one yet, besides me.) I let my nabor down the street taste some of my first brew, he said "he couldn't go that suff and washed it down with a Natural Lite" :confused: so I drank the rest of the 5 gallons myself :) love it :drunk: I have my secound batch in the ferementer now, it will have to wait a couple of more weeks.

I am suppose to go to Amherst, NY for a couple of weeks. I wonder what kind of beer I will find there.

Welcome aboard,
I'm not sure where in the state Haile is, but I live in Kenner
A burb of New Orleans
Don't let them near beer drinkers get you down, they think silver bullets are the stuff
These guys on this forum know their stuff, and are willing to help
so ask when you want, and answer when you can, I'll do the same:mug:

If a guy that drinks Nati Light thought your beer sucked than it was probably a good brew.

Hello Finchlake, I live in Buffalo NY about 20 min from Amherst. Here are a couple places that you should try: Pearl Street Brewery and Alternative Brews. Both are great places to have a beer and watch a game. Pearl street brewery is in downtown buffalo and Alternative brews is in Amhert and has a great beer selection.

Hope you have a good time when you come here. Let me know if you need any more info.

Kenny

Hello to everyone, and thanks for the replys. Appreciate the tip on the Pearl Street Brewery and Alternative Brews, I'll look them up while I'm there. I think the main office where we are meeting is in Buffalo.

Back