Hello Hello From Eureka, MO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFox93

Reaction score
Saw a few other Missourians posting on the intro page, thought I'd share my location.

Anyway, I've been brewing for just under a year at this point after my mom bought me a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas and mostly as a joke. After brewing the two beer-in-a-can beers that were included I did two more custom extract brews, a strawberry cream ale and a hoppy brown aged on oak chips. I've done two meads, one enhanced with blackberries and the other made with clover, buckwheat and wildflower honey. After those I did my first all grain batch, a SMaSH Pale Ale with Mosaic hops (super super good, my girlfriend is convinced I added 4 kinds of fruit to it)

Currently I'm on a bit of a hiatus after purchasing my first home with a 10 by 20 foot mudroom that will make an excellent brewery. Although a couple weeks ago I got the itch bad and started a hard apple cider with some store bought cider, brown sugar, a few spices and a leftover ale yeast from a previous brew. I don't expect much from it but I bottle tomorrow. I'll report back on that in the proper board.

I've been ending up here in most of my research for method and ingredients, some base recipes too. There's a wealth of knowledge here and figured I'd join the discussion.

looking back this has been a pretty incredible year of brewing for me I guess lol. But my beer experience is kinda funny anyway. I went from hating beer of all kinds up until 2 or 3 years ago then I found one that I liked and it snowballed from there.

sorry for the wall of text, happy brewing everybody

Welcome, congratulations, and good luck.
I probably should stop there, but I won't. I started five years ago, also with a Christmas gift of MrBeer. I did not do very well my first year, but improved with study and practice. Now I brew almost everything I drink, and drink almost everything I brew.
Nice to meet you.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

Who knew a gag gift from your mom would turn into a rewarding hobby? Hope you get your new mudroom brewery up and running soon. In the meantime, check out EdWort's Apfelwein if you want to knock out a very simple brew. Store-bought apple juice, sugar and a packet of Montrachet yeast. Incredibly simple and very tasty!

Latest posts

Back