Hello from Western Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MentalThinking

As opposed to the other kinds.
Reaction score
Hi there!

I've been trying to get better at budgeting and generally handling my money for ages - and one of the first things to go when the purse strings pull tighter is inevitably my beer.

I'm hoping that by getting into all grain brewing, I can cut my beer budget down to something negligible, while also learning a new skill and allowing myself a much, much greater variety of brews than my local liquor stores offer within my budget.

Many of the beers I find tasty are also generally a bit more expensive to buy, which often means I'm stuck 'settling' for a beer I enjoy that's more economically priced - and homebrew sounds like the perfect answer to getting my hands on the beers I'm excited to drink without having to 'find' the money from somewhere else in the budget.

Due to space limitations (both for fermenting and storing my bottled brews), I'm largely looking at one gallon brewing, which I know isn't the most economical, but I still think it'll save me a bit of cash and let me get my hands on delicious beer much more regularly than I do now.

Thanks to all of those here who've made their knowledge public, I don't think I'd want to do this without the wealth of information I've found here.

I don't think I'd want to do this without the wealth of information I've found here.

i was brewing for years on a ******** book by byron byrch.....i brew for 92cents american for a twelver of 8%.....even at my most expensive having malt shippped and what not it's 2.50 a twelver for 9%.....

(just keep in mind most people here are trying to win blue ribbons, and not save money...they get kinda get butt hurt with cheap drinks)

Latest posts

Back