Hello From Vermont!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikHoppy

Reaction score
Hi All, I am lucky enough to live in the beautiful state of Vermont, just a few short miles from some of the nations best craft breweries! After touring the Magic Hat brewery, and acquiring a love for the lovely Vermont made Woodchuck cider, I decided to get into home brewing.

As it stands now, me and my father are going to try our hands at brewing some interesting ales and ciders over the course of this spring, my last months living at home. Should be some good bonding time, and yield some tasty results!

We have a cream ale, an Irish Car Bomb stout, and some interesting cider recipes floating around in our heads! It just so happens that the family nickname, Hoppy (last name is Hopwood), will be the perfect name for our labels! "Hoppy's Cream Ale", sounds very marketable, don't you think? :mug:

Any other Vermonters here?! I'm sure there are.

Welcome Erik! Everything is just a few short miles from everything in VT. Lived in Milton for 8 years prior to relo to CO. Be sure to hit up Trout in Lyndonville and sip a Switchback sometime for me.

Welcome! I'm an ex-Vermonster, and after last week's election I'm thinking about becoming one again!

There's a bunch of us in the area, we kinda refer to ourselves as "Yankee Ingenuity." We like getting together to brew and drink and hang out occassionally.

Welcome to the addiction!!!

I will be in Vermont on Feb 6th going and hitting some places for some supplies and of course stopping at Long Trail for lunch and to stock up of fresh beer.

Hello! There are indeed some fine brews up in Vermont. I schlepped around Burlington a while ago and had a great time. Toured the Magic Hat brewery (great place) and also found a great little beer called "Switchback". Would go back in an instant.

Hello! There are indeed some fine brews up in Vermont. I schlepped around Burlington a while ago and had a great time. Toured the Magic Hat brewery (great place) and also found a great little beer called "Switchback". Would go back in an instant.

Switchback is the beer of choice at almost every bar in Burlington. Fantastic!

Welcome:mug:

Still have family (nephews up in the N.E Kingdom) My Brother and Sister n Law
Owned the "MillBrook General Store"on Lake Willoughby for many years.
They are both passed away but my Nephew Steve is one of the 2 owners of the new Golf Course at Willoughby.
Never will forget trolling the entire lake for lakers and finding out when we got back to the dock his lure he put on never had a hook on it.
Anyway welcome and happy brewing.

Back