Hello from the Great White North

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brelic

Reaction score
Ok, not so white anymore (thank goodness!), but still up north in Canada.

I'm just about to make my first batch of wine, a light-bodied Pinot Noir. I would have gone for a medium- or full-bodied kit, but hey, it's my first one. Do I really want to do some trial and error with expensive stuff? Probably not!

Anyway, the longer term plan is to make wines from the fruit and flowers growing on my property (dandelions, crabapples, pinot noir grapes, concord grapes, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries). I've been reading this site for a few days and it seems to be a) quite active and b) full of knowledgeable people!

I noticed that beer is heavily represented, so I think I will definitely have to get into beer making at some point (I just *LOVE* the Belgian beers like Leffe and a French beer that I never found again called Adelscot, which contains a bit of whiskey).

Hope to see you guys around!

I started with wine making, too. But then I gradually started dabbling in beer and I am loving that. One great thing about beer- while not exactly speedy, it's much quicker than wine! So, while my wine sits and ages and clears, I have beer to drink.

Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. :mug:

Thanks for the (clichéd) welcome ;)

My grandfather was into the home brewing pretty hardcore for a while, and I remember his beer was always tasty! His wine was good but too young; he never let it age long enough

Thanks again for the welcome.

Welcome to the Board! Always good to see another Canadian! I am a big fan of pinot noir, I have about 40 bottles of the Selection Estates kit left. You will have to get into some belgian tripples, always nice to see some varitety on the board. Where in the great white north are you?

Back