Hello from Southeast PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyTrailBrewing

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to introduce myself.

In the early 90's, I picked up a book titled "The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing". My parents noticed my interest in home brewing and surprised me with a little brown plastic barrel kit. Not sure what it was, but it leaked horribly. As a result, I got frustrated and threw it away.

Some 17 or 18 years later, I pulled that book out of storage. I read it, purchased several more books.... read them, and picked up some catalogs to learn even more. These forums and others have been a great source of info. I've also been listening to podcasts on the brewing network and Basic Brewing Radio. These shows have been relaxing and interesting to say the least.

Feeling a lot more confident this time around, i've got kit, kettle, and propane burner in hand. I plan to pick up a few more things before I start my first batch.

This is going to be fun.

Cheers everyone :mug:

Good luck. After reading that much I'm sure you'll be fine. Most people buy a kit and just read the instructions that come with it for their first batch.

Good luck. After reading that much I'm sure you'll be fine. Most people buy a kit and just read the instructions that come with it for their first batch.

Sounds a bit dangerous...

But seriously, at this point I feel comfortable enough to go right to full boils with a large kettle, propane burner, immersion chiller, etc. I'm sticking with 5 gallon extract/specialty grain batches for now, but I want to perfect it. Right now I'm researching how to keep steady fermentation temps. Luckily, I have a mini fridge that should hold a fermenter with with almost no mods. I'm thinking one of those Ranco temp controllers may be the item I need to have for some nice control over that fridge.

Hey cool, sellersville, I used to live in Perkasie. Welcome!

There's some great homebrew shops in our area... The ones in Bethlehem and Montgomeryville are really good.

Hey cool, sellersville, I used to live in Perkasie. Welcome!

There's some great homebrew shops in our area... The ones in Bethlehem and Montgomeryville are really good.

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually got some gift certificates to KHB and plan to use them in their Montgomeryville store soon.

Back