Hello from Roanoke, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm in week two of my homebrewing adventure, and I'm getting ready to bottle my first beer this weekend. I started with an English mild. I also have a cider fermenting, and I made an Oatmeal Stout this past weekend (both my beers are extracts). The mild is a recipe adapted from my friends all grain recipe, he is also the person who has coached me through everything thus far. My Oatmeal stout is from a Brewmaster's Warehouse recipe kit. I'm planning on at least four more extracts, and then jumping straight into all grain. Needless to say, I think I'm hooked. I'm a chef, and married father of two (17months & 4yrs) and the reason I finally got into homebrewing is mainly I was tired of paying a fortune for good beer, and I wanted to create beers I love. I been checking out the forum and it's already been a great help. Thanks guys!

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Good to see another Va gent on here. I'm glad you are doing a few more extracts prior to the jump to AG, its best to develop those all important sanitation skills and getting to know your equipment before that leap. Keep us posted! Cheers

Latest posts

Back