Hello From Raleigh, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForRealBeer

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I finally quit lurking and registered for the site tonight. Been reading threads here for quite a while now.

My name's Charles, I live in Raleigh, NC and have been brewing for about 28-odd years. I started as most people do, with plastic buckets, extracts, a too-small pot and no clue as to what I was doing. And as many people do, my first attempts left something to be desired...but then I caught on.

I extract brewed for 20 years, mostly due to space and time issues, but made the jump to AG and have never looked back. These days, I use a 10G Gott round cooler for mashing and a Sabco burner setup with Sankeys for an HLT and boiler. Ales exclusively until She Who Must Be Obeyed is looking in the other direction and I can spring for a chest freezer.

Right now in the fermenters I have a Liberty Ale clone in the final part of its secondary, a new Duvel-ish strong ale that is emitting enough acetylaldehyde to smell like candy and the ingredients for a Saison waiting for fermenter space to be brewed. Recently bottled my giveaway Christmas Ale and my 30-something batch of Witbier using Pierre Celis' recipe that made the rounds on HBD about fifteen years ago.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys, picking your brains and hopefully even passing along a little knowledge I've gained from my experience.

Cheers!

Welcome, Charles! It sounds like you have amassed quite a bit of experience, and I look forward to seeing your contributions to the board. Good brewing!

Latest posts

Back