Hello from Phoenix, Arizona

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnDoom

Reaction score
Hello, my name is John and I love beer.

My buddy is one of those 'do it right or go home' kinda guys. He gave homebrewing a shot a few times, but he didn't think the quality was great for the time he spent. The upshot is the other day I inherited everything I need to brew beer. 2 Ale Pails, three 5 gallon glass carboys, a wort chiller; I'd have to have it all in front of me to list the rest.

Anyway, I wanted to give a start at this as soon as possible and I wanted to ask the people around here for advice. I am going to run down to the local brewers supply for ingredients today and attempt to make this recipe:

http://brewersconnection.com/recipes/redcap.htm

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

best advice I can give is make sure you clean and sanitize everything, and dont get all jumpy and pitch the yeast too soon, just follow the recipe to the letter, in fact read through the directions that you get with the kit several times, then start your brew. I always use bottled water out here because of our crappy tap water, so maybe try that if you can. if you get stuck, we are all a click away
Oh, welcome to the boards!

also, when they are open you can hit up Brewers Connection on AIM if you have kit related questions.
I use AIM all the time to get things ready for pickup at B.C. on my way home from work

John, greetings and welcome to the obsession. I've been at this for 2.5 years and still learn something new almost every day. Also check out our Arizona group.

As azscoob said, be OCD about sanitizing as it will serve you well in the long run. Also +1 on bottled water if you don't have an RO system.

Welcome :mug:
As others have said, just follow the instructions exactly on this batch and make sure to clean and sanitize everything you are using.

Latest posts

Back