Hello from Orlando!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewer_sam

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents. Just a quick hello from Orlando. Been a reader of these forums for a good while and the HTB book as well. Just now am I finally taking the plunge and receiving my first extract kit from NB to make my first brew soon (I wanted to know what I was getting myself into first lol). What a wealth of information this forum provides. Can't wait to get started.

-Cheers

Good luck. This hobby is addictive. You'll soon want extra buckets, and before long you'll want to make the jump to all grain. It's a wonderful hobby. After your first brew, when you know the basic process and start learning why you are doing what you're doing, it becomes one of the most fun, relaxing things to do.

Cheers

brewer_sam said:
Hello ladies and gents. Just a quick hello from Orlando. Been a reader of these forums for a good while and the HTB book as well. Just now am I finally taking the plunge and receiving my first extract kit from NB to make my first brew soon (I wanted to know what I was getting myself into first lol). What a wealth of information this forum provides. Can't wait to get started.

-Cheers

Welcome, fellow Orlandian!!

Cool man. Where in Orlando are you??

Also check out Central Florida Home Brewers Club. Experience isn't required to join...I joined about a month before even doing my first extract kit.

Hey from another Orlando brewer. I'm over in the Waterford Lakes area. If you ever need a hand or want to brew, let me know.

As for the LHBS, Heart's Homebrew is all we have. The supply they have is great, the prices aren't (but not awful), and don't expect to be wowed with customer service. Most LHBS will talk to you forever about brewing. These guys aren't fans of questions. They want you in and out.

Welcome to the obsession!

Cool man. Where in Orlando are you??

Also check out Central Florida Home Brewers Club. Experience isn't required to join...I joined about a month before even doing my first extract kit.

I live near the Universal area. I think I once met a fellow from CFHB at one of the Waterford Lakes Beer Fests, he was a really nice guy.

Hey from another Orlando brewer. I'm over in the Waterford Lakes area. If you ever need a hand or want to brew, let me know.

As for the LHBS, Heart's Homebrew is all we have. The supply they have is great, the prices aren't (but not awful), and don't expect to be wowed with customer service. Most LHBS will talk to you forever about brewing. These guys aren't fans of questions. They want you in and out.

Welcome to the obsession!

Oh very cool! I actually used to live right next to Waterford Lakes. Sounds good! I've actually ventured into Heart's Homebrew once. Like you said, I wasn't wow'd by their customer service. I actually haven't been back since and if I can get it online I probably will.

Latest posts

Back