Hello from Orlando, Florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wigglyscuds

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I got into the Home Brew hobby a few weeks ago. Through the help of this community and other communities I really found a desire to make my own beer.

I lurked for a few weeks across the Internet to find a new hobby. I needed something to do and enjoy with my family. I decided on home brewing because I've always wondered what other types, styles, and areas of beer could taste, smell, and look like (other than Bud/Millers/Coors). It is also much easier and less of a hassle than beekeeping (my number 2 choice).

So here I am with my first brew in the primary. A cream stout kit from Midwest Supplies. Eagerly anticipating the moment the beer is ready to consume. In the meanwhile I'll be lurking here and across the 'net sopping up every bit of advice I can.

I have to say the Home Brew community, in general, is a very helpful and loving community. It must be something in the brew. ;)

I've never ordered from there, but I heard Heart's Homebrew is a good LHBS in Orlando. Have you been there yet? The closest shop to Miami is almost 2 hours away. I like to order from Morebeer and Austin Homebrew myself. If you order a lot (over $59 at MB and over $100 at AHB) the free shipping helps sometimes even compared to Midwest's prices.

Orlando Home Brew Beer
6190 Edgewater Drive ORLANDO,
FLORIDA 32810, USA

I've never ordered from there, but I heard Heart's Homebrew is a good LHBS in Orlando. Have you been there yet? The closest shop to Miami is almost 2 hours away. I like to order from Morebeer and Austin Homebrew myself. If you order a lot (over $59 at MB and over $100 at AHB) the free shipping helps sometimes even compared to Midwest's prices.

Orlando Home Brew Beer
6190 Edgewater Drive ORLANDO,
FLORIDA 32810, USA

I have not had a chance to visit or order from Heart's. I've read some of the online reviews of the store and I don't know if I want too. I might try them out for ordering bulk grains when I get to All-Grain.

Thanks for the heads up on MB and AHB shipping. :)

Back