Hello from Northern Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kad2371

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hello as I am preparing to start my very first brew. A big thanks to everyone on this forum, I have picked up a lot of tips in the last few days (stalking these forums) that will hopefully prevent me from making any newbie mistakes. As I scanned the forums and saw alot of advice about how important it is to keep SWMBO happy, about getting advice from the LHBS, etc, I realized one thing I needed to do first and foremost was...find a glossary for all the new acronyms. :) Now that I have figured out what they all mean, I am ready to start on my journey. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be ready to sit back and RDWHAHB!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier! I was starting to think I was the only one to survive the winter. Snow again this morning... I almost felt like emptying my fermentor straight down my gullet and going back to bed.

I resisted... somehow.

Marathon - Yeah, it's been a long winter. More snow again the last couple mornings here. Hobart huh? My grandparents lived there when I was growing up.

Castermmt - Doing a Porter, hoping it turns out OK, I let temps get a bit too warm for awhile and think I accelerated the fermentation. It was bubbling like crazy when I realized it, about 24 hours after I pitched the yeast. By the 29 hour mark, all airlock activity had ceased.

eknee - I'm just west of South Bend, so don't know if I'll ever try to make it, but thanks for the info and invite. My wife has family in Ft Wayne, so maybe I can check out the club while she visits with family :)

Marathon - Yeah, it's been a long winter. More snow again the last couple mornings here. Hobart huh? My grandparents lived there when I was growing up.

Castermmt - Doing a Porter, hoping it turns out OK, I let temps get a bit too warm for awhile and think I accelerated the fermentation. It was bubbling like crazy when I realized it, about 24 hours after I pitched the yeast. By the 29 hour mark, all airlock activity had ceased.

eknee - I'm just west of South Bend, so don't know if I'll ever try to make it, but thanks for the info and invite. My wife has family in Ft Wayne, so maybe I can check out the club while she visits with family :)
your beer should be fine, keep as close to 68 as you can. works for me.
I have season tickets for ND and travel to South Bend visit a local steel maker in the area.

Latest posts

Back