Hello from Newfoundland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewfieJeeper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking forward to being on HBT. I’ve found this site extremely helpful since I started brewing.

In my area, there are very few homebrewers, and most people think of the old canned beer kits when they think of home brew. In fact, I don’t know anyone close by that does All grain. The closest store that even sells grain and hops is a 7 hour drive away! So it’s great to be able to get good advise here on the forum.

thanks

NewfieJeeper

Welcome to HBT! Where's ya from m'son? ;) I'm originally from Springdale.

As for ingredients and supplies; it you haven't already, you may want to consider looking into Ontario Beer Kegs (www.ontariobeerkegs.com). 99% of what you'll need or want for the hobby can be found there, and shipping is pretty reasonable.

Welcome to HBT! Where's ya from m'son? ;) I'm originally from Springdale.

As for ingredients and supplies; it you haven't already, you may want to consider looking into Ontario Beer Kegs (www.ontariobeerkegs.com). 99% of what you'll need or want for the hobby can be found there, and shipping is pretty reasonable.
Hey, from Rocky Harbour. Yeah I’ve bought most stuff from Ontario Beer Kegs. They are great and shipping is good until you get to the grains.

Brewcraft in St John’s is great. I can’t say enough about them. For a small shop, they have great service and a surprisingly good variety of grains, and their prices are in most cases the same, or cheaper then Ontario. I usually grab a sac of grain when I have someone coming through from town, so no shipping. 55 bucks for a sack of 2 Row is pretty good for Newfoundland! Are you still in Springdale?

Yeah, bulk is the best way to do it if you're in a rural area. Stock up on base and heavily used specialty malts like crystal etc, then the shipping on the really small quantities won't be as steep. Are there any craft breweries or clubs around the Corner Brook or Deer Lake area? It may be a good idea to get friendly with the brewer's in that area and possibly piggy back on an order, if they're cool with that sort of thing.

As for the preconception of homebrew, it's like that pretty much everywhere. Just brew it clean, brew it great, and blow their socks off!

I've been in Calgary since 2001, but come back every couple of years to visit family and do a bit of photography. My wife and I stopped at Rocky Harbour a couple of years ago, when we went to Gros Morne...Jesus, that place is as epic as I remember!

Whatta at?! Lots of family in St John's. Good to have another member from one of the best places on Earth.
Yup. It’s a great spot. Thankful to be able to live here..... now if we can just convince the locals that there is beer outside of Black Horse!

“Hey Buddy...Hands off my Bluestar!”

Back