Hello from Nebraska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshjob8

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm Josh. New to home brewing. My buddy and I bought a Mr. Beer a few months ago and made what was supposed to be an IPA. Turned out tasting terrible. For Christmas I got a kit from Northern Brewer, and we are attempting an Amber Ale. I've been a big fan of craft beer since shortly after I started drinking (I'm 24). We decided it would be a fun thing to get into. Trying to learn everything we can. I'm from Lincoln, Nebraska where craft brewing is starting to pick up a lot. We've had quite a few micro-breweries open recently, and they sparked my interest quite a bit. I prefer IPA's, Porters, and Stouts, but will drink basically anything. Look forward to learning a lot here. Thanks for having a large open community!

Welcome to the forum from Texas! I had a great time (from what I can remember) on a trip to Lincoln back in 2008 for a football game. I've been to a lot of college towns and never met a nicer bunch than the folks up at UN-L. Doubt we paid for half our drinks the entire time we were there. Is the Red Fox still open out on West "O"? Had a monster steak and about a dozen beers there at like 11 am that morning before heading towards downtown for the game. :tank:

We sure love our football, but we love hospitality way more. Red Fox is still open, and every game day is packed full of fans, both Huskers and away fans. I work for BNSF, and was working down in Amarillo for awhile. Really liked it down there. Reminded me a lot of up here. Wish I could have made it to a few breweries, but I was too busy working to get a chance.

Welcome. You should look up the Lincoln Lagers home brew club. There are some great master brewers in Lincoln and a wealth of knowledge. The ones I have met are nice people. Ploughshare has the best Russian Imperial Stout!

We have a lot of great brewers and clubs in Omaha too, I'm an SOB (South Omaha Brewer).

Go Mavs!, Go Huskers! Go Jays!

Tim

Hi! Welcome to the obsession and HBT from West TN. Lot's of great resources here on HBT. Do your due diligence (i.e. search and read,) and if you still can't find the answer, ask. You'll no doubt get plenty of help from a bunch of really smart folks who have been doing this a while. The most important (and hardest) thing for me to learn as a new brewer was patience! Many other things are important, but you gotta let the yeast do what they're going to do. They work on their schedule not yours. Good luck on the Amber Ale. Ed
:mug:

Welcome, from Long Island NY, I went to college in Wayne and have been to Omaha many times. The forum is a great place to learn about processes, find recipies, and just generally converse with knowledgable brewers and noobs alike. Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. Nebraska does sound like football country.

Hope to see you around the forum. You'll find that, for the adventurous, there's a wild frontier for homebrewers outside the Mr. Beer setup. That's a great way to start though.

Back