Hello, from Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here, just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm part of a three-headed brewing monster that's been at this thing for 15 years or more. One of my partners is very into Belgians, the other is something of a hop-head. If I'm to be labeled, I'm a mead man. All of us are friends of any brew though. :mug:

Randy aka Oakwolf

PS: It looks to me like my messages are signed with my email address. Is that how it looks to everyone? If so, how do I set that to just a user name?

Welcome to HBT! Always nice to see some more Minnesotans around. Funny, I'm big into Belgians, am a hop-head, and love mead. Looks like we'd all get along. ;)

PS: It looks to me like my messages are signed with my email address. Is that how it looks to everyone? If so, how do I set that to just a user name?

Yeah, your email address is showing as your username. Click "User CP" at the top of the of the page, click "Edit Email, Password, & Username". That should allow you to change it.

Welcome again to HBT. :D

Thanks for the welcome. Are there many Minnesotans here?

As to the screen name, it looks like I'm out of luck unless an Admin takes pity on me. You can't change your own screen name. If such an admin happens upon this note, please change my screen name to Oakwolf, won't you?

Thanks for the welcome. Are there many Minnesotans here?

As to the screen name, it looks like I'm out of luck unless an Admin takes pity on me. You can't change your own screen name. If such an admin happens upon this note, please change my screen name to Oakwolf, won't you?

There are a few Minnesotans on here that post regularily. I'm guessing the username changing capability could be a "paying member" function as well. /shrug

Maybe a mod will have pity on you and switch it. :)

Welcome aboard, seems like a burst of people from Minnesnowta the last couple weeks.

With 15 years exeperience under the belt I bet there are some great stories.

Cheers!

mr_stimey said:
Welcome aboard, seems like a burst of people from Minnesnowta the last couple weeks.

With 15 years exeperience under the belt I bet there are some great stories.

Cheers!

The first lesson I ever learned was the hardest: Cool the wort, the recipe says. Nowhere does it say, "but don't set the glass carboy in six inches of snow, or the bottom will break off your carboy and your brew will pour into the frozen earth, leaving you with no beer, no ingredients, and one less carboy."

So don't do that.

As to the flood of Minnesotans, maybe it has to do with the extreme cold this winter. We're being driven indoors. To where the beer is, handily enough.

Latest posts

Back