Hello from Lebanon, Oregon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittyfeet

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've trolled for weeks and I thought it was time to sign up and say hi to the brewin' crowd.

I'm into wine, mead, and cider. I started a batch of JAOM, apfelwein, Welch's grape juice mead, and Welch's grape juice wine this past weekend. The Welch's wine wasn't planned; it was due to me buying twice as much juice as I needed and having just enough honey for one batch of mead. But hey, cheers to another gallon of unplanned yet entertaining fermentable goodness. :)

I started my first two gallons of wine in August 2008 with a simple batch of apple juice wine and a plum wine (from an actual plum tree in my coworker's yard! Free fermentable fruit! Can life get any better?) They were bottled a few weeks ago. I also made some peach mead and peach wine around the same time that's still in the process of clearing. I takes forever... I planned on letting them clear naturally, but impatience may get the better of me very soon and I may turn to Sparkolloid to clear it up so I can free the fermentors.

Anyways, thanks to everyone out there for making this a fantastic site.

Welcome to HBT! Quite often I tell the new folks to get brewing but it looks like you have that well under way.

I have to admit that I've done the sparkalloid thing once myself when I didn't think my cider was clearing as fast as I wanted it to. :D

Welcome from Albany.

Nothing wrong with free fermentables. Definitely thinking about blackberry wine this summer!

There's a few mead & wine (including me) makers in the Heart of the Valley club. HOTV alternates meetings between Albany & Corvallis. There's a Club brew at Irene Schoppy's on the 28th, if you have any interest in seeing an all-grain porter made.

Back