Hello from Lancaster, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alangione

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a few months and thought I'd just say hi. I've been brewing for about 2 years, but I have learned so much since I found this forum. No doubt this is the best brewing resource I've found on the web! :mug:

Andy

Welcome and your lucky to live near Lancaster brewing and their great milk stout!:rockin:

Thanks! The milk stout is a great beer, the food is outstanding there as well. Where in PA are you located?

15 miles north of Allentown. I had the milk stout at Adamstown at a brew fest back in Oct.

I didn't know about the homebrew club. Can you give me some more information? I'd be interesting in checking it out. Thanks.

Absolutely. We are the "Lancaster Co. Brewers" club. We meet the last Wed. evening of every month at LBC, 7PM, downstairs amongst the fermentation vessels. All are welcome to visit without joining. If you decide you like us, it's $15 a year. We generally have a couple of club events per year including bus trips to for brewery tours and pub crawls in Philly and Baltimore. We also have two club picnics a year, one of which is hosted by a member of the Stoudt family of Stoudts Brewing fame, and the other hosted by yours truly in my back yard, featuring wood-fired brick oven pizza. Drop by and check us out!

Thanks for the information. I'll have to try and get out for the next meeting. I'm guessing from your username that your name is Steve?

Andy

Good guess. And here I thought your name was Alan. Silly me.

I just found out there will be an informal soup competition that night as well. Who doesn't like soup, right?

Thanks Sonex. I actually grew up in Dover, not too far from Dillsburg. Moved to Lancaster about a year ago with my fiance.

Back