Hello from KC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCWortHog

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I finally decided to officially sign up here & hope to spend more time posting (I'm an occasional lurker, typically when I'm trying to figure something out via the interwebs).

I've been a homebrewer for a while now, largely playing a supportive role until recently. My husband (remilard) is a homebrewer and I've done my share of measuring, stirring, and cleaning. This summer, another home brewer and I started coordinating Brew Days for homebrewers in the Kansas City area. We've had 3 brew days so far this year and I've done all the batches myself: a Duvel clone, a Kolsch, a mead, and a braggot. The duvel clone started out great; as it's sat in the keg, it's become sweeter :( Disappointing, but I've since learned that sugar is added AFTER the primary fermentation, not during the boil. That triggers the 2nd fermentation which leads to a drier beer. Good to know & I hope to try it that way some time.

We do all-grain, and my blog about both brewing & drinking beer in Kansas City is here.

Back