Hello from Joliet, Il

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Soft Underbelly

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for the site. I just ordered my first kit yesterday and this site has been a great source of information. Thanks guys!

david_42 said:
When I was a lad in Crete, Joliet wasn't part of Chitown. Talk about urban sprawl!

Crete?! One of my closest buddies grew up there! I thought he was the only one!

Welcome. Yes, there are a lot of us here - several in the Plainfield area alone!

Welcome, glad to see another Chicagoland brewer joining the group. Good luck with your kit when you get it and let us know how it turned out. Have fun.

david_42 said:
When I was a lad in Crete, Joliet wasn't part of Chitown. Talk about urban sprawl!

No kidding, i grew up on the south side and we used to thumb our noses at such far away, blighted, places as Joliet. Urban sprawl indeed...sigh....

Good to see that there are locals on the board. Can any of you suggest a good LHBS in the Joliet / Plainfield area. Done some searching on line all i found was The HydorCork, near by but seems more of a hydroponic shop, and a place out in Aurora somewhere....

The Soft Underbelly said:
No kidding, i grew up on the south side and we used to thumb our noses at such far away, blighted, places as Joliet. Urban sprawl indeed...sigh....

Good to see that there are locals on the board. Can any of you suggest a good LHBS in the Joliet / Plainfield area. Done some searching on line all i found was The HydorCork, near by but seems more of a hydroponic shop, and a place out in Aurora somewhere....

Hydrocork is pretty limited in supplies. Brewers Coop is in warrenville - pretty decent shop, but they're in the middle of moving. There is a shop in St Charles too, but can't remember the name.

Some locals are meeting up at Brewer's Coop in a couple weeks (Two Brothers). You're welcome to join if you want to meet some local brewers.

For online stores, Northern and Midwest work nice for us. AHB isn't bad either

Back