Hello from Italy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyr

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just registered and really happy to join this community.
I have been homebrewing for years but not with the regularity I want. It means that I am still a noob and willing to learn and brew more. I use a homemade BIAB system, made up with a 25L electric kettle, IWAKI pump and a self built PID control system. My last beer is an elderberry ale and it is now maturing in bottles, looking forward to drinking it as soon as possible.
See you soon and have great homebrewing time!

Tyr

Welcome to HBT. I don't know if you make labels for your brews, but I do. This is one made to celebrate a trip to Italy in 2008. It was an ale and good, but it tasted nothing like Moretti.
151.png

Hello guys, thank you so much for your welcomes! It is really a pleasure to be well accepted in this community.

I don't know if you make labels for your brews, but I do

Yes I do but nothing so sophisticated, just pictures found on the web, attached on a template made on Word, nothing else, nothing more. So nice the Mustache guy beer, he is Mr. Moretti in old fashioned advises.
Where have you been in Italy? Did you taste birra Moretti? Did you realize it wasn't a good idea to taste it?

Tyr

Last edited:
So nice the Mustache guy beer, he is Mr. Moretti in old fashioned advises.
Where have you been in Italy? Did you taste birra Moretti? Did you realize it wasn't a good idea to taste it?

Well, I'm an old guy, and I do enjoy a Moretti La Rossa at a favorite Italian restaurant here in St. Louis. I may have a soft spot for Italy because I met my wife in 1957 in 9th grade Latin. I was seated behind her because we were seated in alphabetical order. Our picture for our 50th high school reunion page was us at the forum in Pompeii on that 2008 trip.
The 2008 trip was a two week tour starting in Sorrento and going up to Cinque Terre and over to Venice. Loved it. Florence was special.
We've also been to a bit of Italy when a trip, to the Alps in pre-Euro days went into Italy around lake Como, and a trip in 2004 when we drove in from Croatia and back through Slovania. It was our second Croation vacation as a son and the grandsons were living in Zagreb back then. There was a label:
ii5.png

Last edited:
I do enjoy a Moretti La Rossa

May I say: de gustibus non disputandum est. Jokes apart, Moretti is a well known beer in Italy, it is considered an everyday beer for the ordinary working man drinking it frozen just because it is frozen not for the taste itself. It is a lager just many other beers but nothing comparable with craft or homemade ones.

Such a nice story and I think you really enjoyed that trip and visited many beautiful places in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. Did you taste some interesting beers there?

Tyr

May I say: de gustibus non disputandum est.
Such a nice story and I think you really enjoyed that trip and visited many beautiful places in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia. Did you taste some interesting beers there?Tyr

You may, and I won't argue with your doing so.
The best beer I had in the area was on the previous trip to Croatia in 2003. My son is also a brewer, and he had made a Java Stout that was great. I brewed it when I got back, but it wasn't as good as his. Of course there's a label. Quid exists?
109.png

;)

Sounds good, can you post your recipe? Is your son an homebrewer or a professional brewer in Zagreb?

My compliments for the labes, very impressive! Do you use a paricoular software?

Tyr

Sorry, but I haven't kept the recipe. My son is a home brewer. He only lived in Zagreb for a few years.
The program I use for labels is an old (2002 or before) version of Corel draw. It doesn't work with today's technology. I run it on an old Mac in the basement rec room that can't even connect to email any more. I have to save things as pdfs, put them on a flash drive, and transfer to our newer computer that has a printer. The downstairs printer died years ago. The only thing I use the downstairs computer for is to design labels.

Last edited:
Benvenuto ma ricorda: non esiste una birra cattiva! ;) (oppure: son tutte buone le birre del mondo!)

Birra Moretti is a large-volume producer like Tuborg, Carlsberg, Heineken, Peroni, Stella Artois etc.

Last edited:
Welcome from snowy Chicago.
I recently picked some Peroni, I plan on brewing an Italian lager when the weather warms up.

I am enjoying Lavazza coffee from my Italian coffee machine.
EBBEB71A-0DFA-4796-A95E-C1881B7FE594.jpeg

Welcome from snowy Chicago.
I recently picked some Peroni, I plan on brewing an Italian lager when the weather warms up.

I am enjoying Lavazza coffee from my Italian coffee machine.
View attachment 718824

That's a German coffee machine if I have to only see the brand. But it might be of Italian manufacture... doesn't matter where it is produced, provided that it makes good espresso.

Sorry, but I haven't kept the recipe
I see, never mind. Maybe I can find some recipes alike on the forum.

Benvenuto ma ricorda: non esiste una birra cattiva! ;) (oppure: son tutte buone le birre del mondo!)

Grazie, I agree with you: there are no bad beers but I think there are many I like less than others...

I am enjoying Lavazza coffee

Thank you and cheers with your Lavazza espresso!

Tyr

That's a German coffee machine if I have to only see the brand. But it might be of Italian manufacture... doesn't matter where it is produced, provided that it makes good espresso.
Your correct, Miele is a German company but this machine was made in Italy.

I purchased it broken and restored it. It needed a new grinder motor which had to come from Italy.

I like it better than my Jura.

Hello and nice to meet you guys. I decide to introduce myself here because I am half British and half Italian (but I love more my Italian side lol). I hope to meet cool people here. Welcome to me and to everybody else joining
Welcome card to you

Ale

Back