Hello From Ireland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundayBeers

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks for having me.

I'm from Ireland and love a good home brew beer. I've been brewing for a couple of years now with my dad. It's something we thought would be good to get into as a father-son hobby. And it has been a lot of fun!

We are yet to venture byond kit brewing but looking forward to getting some ideas in here.

SB

Greetings! If you quit using kits, you can use the savings to get a small scale and a grain mill. Brewing is even more fun when you have the ingredients on hand and don't have to go to the store or order online every time you want to brew something. I would also encourage you to seek out local ingredients and make your own unique brews:

https://www.athgarrettmalt.ie/index.php/our-products

Thanks for all the welcomes fellas. Much appreciated. Very friendly reception.

Irish beers - there are a couple of small breweries locally I like in Monaghan and Cavan. Not sure if they export.

Looking forward to getting back into the kit process, and maybe working our way up to something maybe a bit more involved in time.

SB

Welcome to the forum.
I'm also an Irish home brewer.
I started about 25 years ago with some really basic kits and poor processes resulting in pretty bad beer. 😣
Back then I was was just brewing to get drunk for cheap as a student and also started with my dad as I took ove his wine making stuff.

I left Ireland in 1997 to first move to the UK and then to the continent.
So I stopped brewing around then and only picked it up again in 2013 when I bought my own house with a big basement.
Now it's mostly all-grain with the best ingredients I can find and not only to get drunk :D, so i tell my partner anyway 😌

Thanks for all the welcomes fellas. Much appreciated. Very friendly reception.

Irish beers - there are a couple of small breweries locally I like in Monaghan and Cavan. Not sure if they export.

Looking forward to getting back into the kit process, and maybe working our way up to something maybe a bit more involved in time.

SB
Lol 😂. I meant if you come across a good Irish recipe for stout or Irish blonde ale that's tried and true from one of your countrymen ! An Irish recipe that brewers in Ireland would do. Everybody here in the States comes up with a zillion recipes on what they think is a proper Irish stout or anything else 😁. Don't get me wrong many are very good.

Welcome! I am also in IE, County Galway. Vast knowledge base here. Enjoy your new obsession 😂

New here as well. My favorite recipe I fall back on to make a gallon or two for myself is an Irish Red. I like to think of it as 'similar' to Kilkenny. Never wanted to besmirch the Guinness so I just purchase them to enjoy! My wife and I have been to Ireland a few times and spent three weeks on our honeymoon. Absolutely love the place and the people just as much, not to mention the culture/feel of the place.
Shame you won't let a beer brewing, Irish loving couple retire there. Adoption isn't out of the ideas...ha.

Latest posts

Back