Hello from Inland Los Angeles, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravity84

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a homebrewer living in the greater LA area, originally from SF. I've been brewing on and off for about 7 years now, just coming back from about a year long hiatus. Right now I have a "Pueblan" stout in secondary. A sweet stout with a few of the spices of mole poblano: cacao nibs, cinnamon sticks, chile mulatto, and chile ancho. Next few batches I am designing are a Soba ale in the style of Rogue's "Morimoto Soba" but with Lychees and a "session" IPA, an IPA with heavy aroma hopping but with moderate bittering and a crisp malt profile, a beer that screams hop head but finishes clean, without a lingering resinous aftertaste.
:mug:

OK, that settles it... I've gotta brew with some chile!

Welcome to the forums. Not exactly a long timer here myself, but this is quickly becoming a regular hangout for me... I'm sure you'll find the halls informative and entertaining.

Welcome! I moved away from the "Inland Empire" about 5 1/2 years ago. I've gotta get back down there soon and check out Hanger 24. I hear good things about their beers. You'll have to post some of those recipes in the database.

Oh yeah, Hangar 24. They do a beer dinner at one of my favorite restaurants around here (Farm Artisan Foods). I'm actually not that big a fan of their beer though, maybe I haven't tasted the right ones. I prefer the San Diego breweries like Lost Abbey/Port and Alesmith and a few out of Orange County.

I think I may brew that IPA tonight. Here's my working recipe:
10# American 2-row pale
2# Crystal 15L
0.5# CaraFoam
0.25# Special B

Hop Schedule:
1/2 oz Citra, pellets, 13.4% AA FWH
1/4 oz Citra, pellets, 60 min
3/4 oz Citra, pellets, 10 min
1 oz Cascade, whole, 7.1% AA flameout
1 oz Cascade, whole, dry hopped
1/2 oz Citra, pellets, dry hopped