Hello from Holly Springs, NC (near Raleigh)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbafat

Reaction score
Growing up in Minnesota I always looked forward to the elementary school ritual of visiting a local farm where they still pressed their own apples for cider. The process fascinated me. As I grew older I realized that cider is ok, but a good beer is where it's at. Eventually I moved to the big city of Fargo, ND where I befriended some homebrewers but never took the plunge myself (hindsight being 20/20 I see what a mistake that was).

Now we've moved south to NC, the kids are older (9g, 12b, 14b, 15g), the house is calmer and my wife says "Didn't you say you were interested in homebrewing? Christmas is coming soon."

So here I am.

My first attempt (an English Pale Ale) is in the primary and then yesterday my wife says "You know, I really don't want hundreds of bottles around the house. Why don't you go get some kegs and we'll plan to have a party once you have a batch you want to share with folks. Maybe after the holidays make one of those keg-in-a-fridge things. Just make sure it has root beer in it too so the kids have something to enjoy too."

I don't deserve her.

I look forward to meeting many of you - hopefully some locals in person.

Robert.

welcome to the forum! there is quite a HBT population in the raleigh area and we get together fairly regularly for group brews and other stuff.

next planned event in Jan 22nd, fyi.

Welcome, and congrats on the cool as hell SWMBO!

Seems to be a lot of folks coming on board from North Carolina recently. My father moved down there a couple of years ago (Wake Forest), and I am starting to lay out the hints the he needs to get started up doing this, too.

Latest posts

Back