Hello from France!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEKATRALATAK

Reaction score
Hi homebrewers!

I'm a new homebrewer from north of France! I'm studiying in food industry, and I'd like to work in a brewery later (and eventually start my own one!:D )! I'm currently working in Magdalen Islands, Québec, Canada, at "A l'abri de la tempète" brewery! I'm still here for a month, then I'll start a road-trip to visit a lot of microbreweries and brewpubs in Québec!

It's a pleasure to see some of the amazing brewing systems or homepubs you made! Oh and I apologize if I don't take part in the threads, but my english is not really good! Even if it would be a great way to improve it, by talking about our common passion!

I hope I'm understandable (does this word even exist?:D )!

Enjoy your homebrew!:rockin:

Pierre-Antoine

You're doing just fine and don't let your language get in the way of your participation. We're all adults here and we understand that not everyone was born speaking English.

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the brewery!

No problem! Oui Oui! Welcome! Sounds like you have a neat job up there in the Great White North, eh? How's the beer there?

Feel free to joint in. We only grade recipes, not grammar. Besides, most of us only speak American.

Thanks for welcoming me so gently!

I'm gonna give you a few more informations about my "brewer status": I never brewed all by myself, but I worked in a brewery in France before comming in Magdalen Islands! tSo, even if i never brewed 100% alone, I think I have some experience in brewing technique!

I also plan to build a small brasserie in my garage! I've made plans, and I hope to brew 100L batches!

I didn't try a lot of american beers! But I've tasted the "Raison d'être", from Dogfish Head! Great one!:D

Edwort: Oh oui, the work here is really fascianting! I'm lucky to learn with an excellent brewer master! And here in Québec, I discovered a lot of really tasty beers! Do you know the products from McAuslan brewery in Montreal, especially the "oatmeal stout"? Amazing!:mug:

You certainly do not need to apologize for your English. From the two posts that you made in this thread, I would surmise that your English is better than two-thirds of the people that already post here, with English as their FIRST language!
Welcome, and don't be afraid to ask anything. And since you are learning directly from a professional brewer, don't be afraid to pass along anything you may learn from him, either!

Pierre-Antoine,
Welcome to the forum. I was very fortunate when I was right out of college and had the opportunity to travel around Europe while I was competing in cross country and track meets and I sampled many beers from your homeland as well as a few of your neighbors. I hope that you continue to enjoy some of our craftbeers and not those from our megabreweries; as in my opinion their products can barely be considered beer.

My father told me once when I was a kid that if I meet someone who speaks with an accent or has trouble understanding my Texas twang (dialect) then that means that person speaks at minimum one more language than I do so I should respect them and consider how hard it would be to speak to them in their native language. Join in on the forums and don't worry about the grammar.

100L batches sound pretty impressive. I'm set up to do 40L and that's about all I want to do at the present time but I know several people on the forum who brew big batches. If you end up brewing 100L batches your friends and neighbors will be very happy with the big batches.
runhard

Thank you again for your warm welcome :)

Runhard, you know, as we say in French, "Qui peut le plus peut le moins", meaning if you can do 100L you can also do 40L batches! I'll first brew little batches (something between 30 & 40L), just for training and habituating myself to my new equipment! But you're two times right, Budweiser is not a "real" beer (at least a corn syrup soda ;) ), and brewing big batches of beer will make me find a lot of new friends!:mug: Oh, your father is a very wise men!:)

I tried yesterday the Dogfish Head's 90 minutes! Awesome, really! I love it!

Back