Hello from East Tennessee!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerjay08

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for awhile now and finally decided to join. Never even knew you could brew your own beer at home until about a year ago but I've been a craft beer enthusiast since I turned 21 five years ago and could legally buy beer. For almost a year I read and read everything I possibly could on homebrewing and finally felt ready to dive in. Fast forward two months to now and I have two brews under my belt both of which produced some of the best beer I've ever drank. Now I'm hooked and you'll never get rid of me lol.

Interesting thing about me, I think, is that I completely skipped extract brewing and went straight into all grain BIAB. That's right, I have never ever brewed a batch of extract beer in my life, and don't ever care to. Not saying you can't make a good beer while using extract as you most certainly can, but that's not the type of person I am. I enjoy the technical side of things. The more in depth and technical the subject the more I tend to enjoy it. I feel as if brewing beer, in all its aspects and its ever evolving nature, has enough depth that I can make a lifetime hobby out of it...maybe even a career some day.

I'd like to thank Homebrew Talk and everyone here for the vast amount of knowledge available on this website that has introduced me to the wonderful world of homebrewing.

I've been known to be an "all or nothing" type of guy. That is, when I find a hobby I want to try I either step back and decide I'm better off not doing it or I completely go berserk and dive in head first and swim as deep and I can go. Homebrewing is the latter, obviously. Not only am I hooked on the brewing aspect, but I am also in the process of creating a brew garden. I have barley seed that's going in the ground as soon as I get the time and I have 3 hop crowns on the way from Great Lakes. This weekend I will be constructing my hop trellis which is sort of a scaled down commercial style trellis complete with the ability to lower the upper cable for harvesting via pulleys.

Again, thank you all for your knowledge. Hopefully I can contribute some of my own knowledge as I learn and find new things. Sorry for being long winded lol.

Welcome, neighbor. What part of East TN are you in? If you're close to Chattanooga, there's a very active homebrew club there (The Barley Mob Brewers.) If not there are other E Tennessee clubs. :)

Welcome, neighbor. What part of East TN are you in? If you're close to Chattanooga, there's a very active homebrew club there (The Barley Mob Brewers.) If not there are other E Tennessee clubs. :)

I'm up in the Northeast corner in Hawkins county about 30 minutes from Kingsport. It's a pretty good drive to the closest LBHS in Johnson City lol

Greetings from Maryville, TN, and welcome!!! Have left beer behind, beings as there are so many great beers available these days (we have a micobrewery/pub in town which is pretty darned decent, and we have a taproom that has 22 taps of fairly obscure stuff as well as hundreds of six-packs of stuff you won't find elsewhere, at least in town....can't speak for Knoxville) - especially compared to when I started in the '90's - I've gone over to the dark side and just make mead anymore....Again, welcome...this is an incredibly informative forum, lots o' knowledgeable folks here

Back