Hello from Deutschland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigers

Reaction score
Hello to all! I have been soaking up the awesome info in this forum for a while. I am in the military stationed in Germany for the past 2 years and I really enjoy it. My buddy Tony and I, started our first batch last weekend a India Brown Ale and I have already ordered the ingredients for my next batch an Irish Red Ale. I love the idea behind brewing and I love brewing so I'm guessing I will be doing this forever! :ban:

Welcome!

My cousin was stationed in Germany right before Desert Storm, and at family reunions he still talks about the beer when he got a chance.

Guess I should have gone into the service.

Wilkommen!!!

I lived in Germany for 9 years...Augsburg/4 and Bamberg/5.

There's a German HB forum at hobbybrauer.de that you can join. It has an English translator (see British flag on top right of home page). There are links to HB store for German supplies.

The people there are just as friendly as they are here.

Next time you go to a gasthaus let them know you are a "hobbybrauer". They may be willing to share some of their techniques. I got a free kilo of Hallertau hops from one of the brewers I met. ;)

Back