Hello from Columbia, SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bribassguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After a trip to Asheville, NC to visit a few breweries my wife decided to get me a "home" brew kit for my 30th birthday.

It's pretty basic but she did spring for a HUGE 44 QT stainless kettle and a wort chiller. The plan is to grow into the "brew" in a bag kit after a few extract.

The kit came with a Irish Stout kit so I followed the direction on the kit and did a partial boil of the hops and the extract for 60 mins... it's been in the fermentor for a few days now and the bubbles have started to slow down considerable. I am going to take a FG reading in a few days and go from there.

For the Next batch I'd like to try a mini-mash and make a hoegaarden clone. The wife love it and lemonade / sprite on a hot day.

Any tips? I think I'll go with a late extract add this time to keep from getting too dark.

Hey what's up I live in Columbia too. Over by rice creek elementary. I too just started brewing in Feb. check out Liquid hobby brew shop over on st Andrews rd. they are very helpful and have a bunch of stuff. I hate going in there cause I always want to spend a ton of money.

Latest posts

Back