Hello from Cincinnati, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZK369

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've lurked on this forum for a bit now but did not register until I made the move to brewing 5 gallon batches. I first got into brewing from a neighbor who gave me a Brooklyn Brew Shop kit for a 1 gallon batch of Every Day IPA. After being impressed with the beer I had brewed and making their Chocolate Maple Porter I decided to start making 5 gallon batches. For the first couple of brew days I will use a kit from somewhere like Midwest Supplies and then expand into formulating my own beers. I recently bought the Brewer's Best Deluxe kit and have the supplies for a 52 Qt Coleman Xtreme cooler MT and a 50' wort chiller, part of which I can use once I buy a decent brew kettle. I am excited to begin brewing again and am excited to post my adventures.

My first kit will likely be Midwest Supplies Honey Weizen to which I will add ~5 lbs of blueberries I picked myself to the secondary fermenter.

In the future I am looking at stepping up to a Keggle setup with march pumps due to my dad having both a plasma cutter and welder with 240v available.

Cheers,
ZK369
:mug:

Welcome from Bowling Green, OH! It's a great time, and you've got a ton of support around you in the Cinci/Dayton area, so have a great time, experiment, and make sure to share! :cheers:

Back