Hello from central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildingmotive

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Scott from the middle of Illinois. I found this forum and it looks like a great resource and community. I just started brewing a few weeks ago and jumped right into all grain. I have a few brews under my belt. So far, all recipe kits from Northern Brewer as I'm learning my way. I did a really poor efficiency Rye IPA, a traditional IPA, and an American Wheat that appears to be stuck at the moment. I've learned a lot with the last couple brews. Mostly, that I still have a lot to learn.

I'm new to this and very uncertain of everything that I'm doing so I'm planning on reading and asking a lot of questions. After years on the cigar boards I know how questions get flamed sometimes so I'll do my best to research first, but if I ask, it's because I want to know real opinions, not random search results. So... please don't beat my ass if I ask a dumb question.

So far...this is by far the best, and most rewarding hobby I have ever had. Can't wait to take it further.

Thanks for having me here.

Back