Hello from Buffalo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjap52

Reaction score
Few months ago I picked up brewing and after that time of sort of lurking around here I decided to actually make an account and such.

I'm from Buffalo, NY and am 21 years old recent college grad. I'm 5 finished batches in, with 15 gallons fermenting right now. My first 5 batches were extract, and my last two (one double batch, one single) were all grain. I use a 3 tier gravity fed setup with 2 converted 1/2 barrels and a 70 quart cooler mash tun with a manifold that I built.

My first [all grain] batch was pretty horrendous in terms of efficiency, I got 51%, with my second batch kicking it up to 63%. I'm hoping to get around 70 for this upcoming batch. We'll see.

I've mainly tried to stick to guidelines for my recipes (I've yet to use a kit, feels more authentic) except for a stout that I was messing around with. The beers I've made have been:

Pale Ale
Hefeweizen
Amber Ale
Nutella Stout
Hefeweizen (10 gallon batch @ 51% efficiency :()
Pale Ale (5 gallon batch @ 63% efficiency)

Back