Hello from Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucidmatt

Reaction score
Hey all, My name's Matt and I'm a new homebrewer from the north shore of Boston. My new adventure in homebrewing began after I decided to cultivate Cascade hops in my back yard last summer. I had a huge yield that I had no idea what to do with, so I started learning to make beer. Ive been brewing for a little less than 6 months, started on Brooklyn Brew Shop's 1 gallon kit. I started with their "Recipe Kits" and quickly moved on to scaling down 5 gallon recipes to a 1 gallon scale after realizing the BBS kits don't give you any measurements. I currently have my first batch made entirely from scratch in my fermenter. I've been using my home grown hops to dry hop all my experiments so far, but this was my first beer using my hops throughout the boil as well. Ive been enjoying the process of making these 1 gallon batches, but really frustrated with the yields after bottling. I'll be looking at upgrading to a 5 gallon (yield) setup for medium gravity beers, so I'll be asking around for been there, done that scenarios. I look forward to seeing where homebrewing takes me, so far I've gotten nothing but positive reviews for my previous "experiments"!

Back