hello from aurora, il

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodwood

Reaction score
finally getting in to all grain. i am a fan of all beer styles. my favorites are sours, stouts, and of course... anything hoppy. i heard of a coffee ipa the other day. im going to look into that. haha.

glad to see some locals. what are your guys favorite chicagoland breweries? i like two brothers, goose island wrigley, and i go to rock bottom from time to time. i just got a growler from limestone brewing co recently. they are my new favorite. they are located in plainfield next to a binnys! haha.

I've heard of them, but haven't had the chance to sample them yet. Where I'm at, the craft beer choices from Michigan are a bit slim.

Hello I'm from Bolingbrook / Darien bourder . Pretty new to brewing this site has helped alot and did'nt even have to post or ask a question , found most my answers on my own here ! Great site Thanks.BTW

Welcome! If you're interested in joining a homebrew club, we've started one that meets at Limestone Brewing Company in Plainfield - 7:00 pm every second Thursday of the month. In fact we're meeting tonight and will be voting on a club name. You can email us at [email protected] for more info and to join our mailing list.

Cheers and happy brewing!
Ed

Welcome! If you're interested in joining a homebrew club, we've started one that meets at Limestone Brewing Company in Plainfield - 7:00 pm every second Thursday of the month. In fact we're meeting tonight and will be voting on a club name. You can email us at [email protected] for more info and to join our mailing list.

Cheers and happy brewing!
Ed

hey. the only thing we've brewed in months is cider, that counts right? we are transitioning to all grain. looks like about 4 weeks till brew day. to hell with messy extract in the kitchen!

i am interested and will send an email your way.

Welcome from yet another Aurora, IL home brewer--didn't realize there were so many of us!

This calls for an Aurora Homebrew big brew collaboration... Maybe a big russian imperial stout... maybe a stab at Deschutes The Abyss:mug: With such a big grain bill would need quite a few folks burners mash tuns and kettles

This calls for an Aurora Homebrew big brew collaboration... Maybe a big russian imperial stout... maybe a stab at Deschutes The Abyss:mug: With such a big grain bill would need quite a few folks burners mash tuns and kettles

We bought a really big 100qt cooler. Well probably back down to a 70qt. I'm having trouble finding coolers. I guess no one buys coolers in the fall.

When we get a little experience with all grain, we should definitely do a big brew

I looked up that abyss. That beer looks and sounds amazing. I'm a fan of bourbon county stout and I'm always looking for big beers. I'll be on the lookout for this.

We bought a really big 100qt cooler. Well probably back down to a 70qt. I'm having trouble finding coolers. I guess no one buys coolers in the fall.

When we get a little experience with all grain, we should definitely do a big brew

Ive never used a mashtun/cooler for my all grain beers. I use an 8 gallon pot, a corona mill and the biab stovetop all grain method. has worked out pretty well for me.

I love bourbon county stout as you mentioned, Im also a fan of Lost abbeys angels share, and many other bourbon stouts.

Go to the roundhouse in aurora, they have a bourbon cherry imperial stout. Its like 12% abv, such a wonderful beer. I had 3 snifters a few weeks ago and was pretty buzzed when i left

Check your local home depots and lowes stores for the round coolers. Walmart sometimes has some good deals on square coolers.

So, I'm a little late to the party, but maybe if you Aurora folks get together at some point, you'll invite a Geneva'n?

Been meaning to get down to Plainfield to checkout Lighthouse Brewing too...

So, I'm a little late to the party, but maybe if you Aurora folks get together at some point, you'll invite a Geneva'n?

Been meaning to get down to Plainfield to checkout Lighthouse Brewing too...

yeah i definatly need to get down to lighthouse as well. work keeps interfering with me being able to make it though

Back