Hello from Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemystree

Reaction score
Hello all. I am brand new to homebrewing and am looking forward to starting my first batch tomorrow, an IPA kit I bought at a local store. I can't wait to get started and hope it starts me on a long line of future brews. So far the information here has been helpful, and I'd love to hear about any other good resources that have been helpful to all of you. Thanks!

Most important remember it takes patience and after that it just takes patience.

Welcome to the site and best of luck to you on your first brew.

Welcome, you have found the best source of info available, between this site and Mr Malty you can make a lot of good brews.

Welcome, you are in the right place to learn about the art of brewing, lots of very knowledgeable folks on here. What part of the ATL are you in?

chemystree said:
I'd love to hear about any other good resources that have been helpful to all of you. Thanks!

www.howtobrew.com is free and John Plamer's book "How to Brew" are both good.

Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" is good but a little dated. I understand he has new books out.

"Brew Ware" helped me understand some of the equipment gave me some ideas of what I could fabicate myself and where I could find cheap and free stuff.

BYO Magazine has some good stuff too so I got a collection of back issues.

Both BYO and "Brew Ware" have some real turkeys too so post here for opinions before you build anything.

Welcome aboard.:mug:

Brewiz said:
What part of the ATL are you in?
I'm from Lawrenceville. I haven't had a chance to check out the sites and books yet, but they look pretty informative, thanks all. Well I'm off to go start up my first brew, wish me luck.

Back