Hello from Ann Arbor, Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airlock

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I had been thinking about home brewing for some time, and a special person gave me the glorious gift of a brew kit for Christmas. I just put my sixth extract + specialty grains brew into primary yesterday (couldn't help myself, bought another bucket pretty quickly) and am seriously enjoying the fruits of my labors.

Anyhow, I found any time I had a brewing question, my Google journey would almost invariably land me here, so I thought I'd join up and say thanks. Thanks to all of you for your excellent threads, and I look forward to talking to you all.

I always liked Grizzly Peak better (95-99) but Ann Arbor BC has gotten a lot bigger since then and have some good beers. Grizzly Peak has a similar location from the same restaurant group (Bastone Brewery) in walking distance of my house.

I think the same group owns all these: http://cafehabanas.com/ch/Royal_Oak/links.htm , Cafe Habana is turning into a Belgian Beer bar, should be neat!

Hey, great to see a lot of brewers close-by! Ann Arbor is definitely not the worst place to be if you like good beer. My favorite in town is ABC. I just bottled my first altbier yesterday and can't wait to see how it measures up against Olde Number 22. :mug:

Cafe Habana is turning into a Belgian Beer bar, should be neat!

No kidding! Can't wait to check that out!

Have to give the Heidelberg a shout out. Great German beer.

I'm actually going to be in Ann Arbor this weekend and planning on doing Grizzly Peak for dinner (better food than ABC), Ann Arbor Brewing after, and finishing off the night with a boot at Heidelberg.

Back