Hello from Albany New York

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlemingsFinest

Reaction score
I've been on this site for about 7 months and haven't ever done my introduction. My name is Andrew and I live in the Albany area. I'm new to brewing, but have fallen in love with it. So far I've brewed three recipes, 1 extract Sam Adams Boston Ale clone, a partial mash Winter Ale, and an All-grain IPA original recipe that can be found on this site if you look up Fleming's Finest IPA. It's just into bottles, so I haven't gotten to taste it yet! I have many brews planned in the near future.

Some of my favorite beers lately are Ommegang (BPA especially), Sam Adams Boston Lager, Leffe Blonde, Sierra Nevada Celebration 2010, and Harpoon IPA.

Welcome from another Albany brewer. Post a review of your IPA once you crack the first bottle. I'm interested to hear how it came out since the recipe sounds good. I have a few small batches of mead I'm going to start this week... brewing has been put off for a while now with all of the snow and ice (I use an outdoor burner). Hoping it'll warm up at least a little so I can get outside and back at it. :mug:

No I haven't! I'm actually originally from the Utica area, I'm a student at Siena College presently, just outside of Albany.

Welcome, originally from Albany. Just had my pre-wedding parents/inlaw dinner at the Pump Station. I can't remember the other place in Saratoga (?) with free "tastings" I've been told to go every time I visit home.

Welcome from Syracuse! Pump station is very good... your lucky!

Pump Station Brown Ale can't be beat, but in Syracuse you have the Empire Brewing Company. It has been a few years since I've been out that way, but I recall them having an amazing IPA.

Pump Station Brown Ale can't be beat, but in Syracuse you have the Empire Brewing Company. It has been a few years since I've been out that way, but I recall them having an amazing IPA.

Empire is pretty good - the IPA is very tasty. Though, they have my English pale ale on tap right now, so I'm a little biased towards my own. :D

Back