Hello From Alabama and Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a currently a senior at the University of Alabama. I have set a goal for myself to come back to school in the fall and brew my first batch of beer. This has been a goal of mine for several years (I actually built my kegerator two years ago in anticipation of this!)

This summer I am working in Bentonville, AR. Before I head back to Tuscaloosa, AL in September, I have been studying about the process as much as possible. I am working on reading How to Brew for the second time as well as trying to locate some local Home Brew Stores in the area.

I am extremely excited about starting this new hobby and contributing to this forum. Also, any wisdom people have to impart I would love to learn.

Thanks and have a great 4th of July,

bama

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and ask for advice.

I don't think there are any LHBSs in T-Town. I think the closest store to you will be in Birmingham, ALABREW. I use this guys and they're great.

Roll Tide :mug:,

Thanks for the recommendation about Alabrew- I have heard several good things about them but have yet to be able to visit. Does anyone know of good LBHSs in the northwest Arkansas area?

In terms of equipment, I actually have none. But I do have all summer and I did not want to begin planning my purchases until I received some recommendations. I will definitely keep Midwest in mind.

Thanks,

bama

Go Vols!

Welcome to the forum, buddy! You've come to the right place for just about everything homebrew. Look forward to giving you a hard time about your jailbreak crew down in Tuscaloosa (anyone w/ a worse legal offseason than UT deserves a hard time).

Stevo

Hey man, Im new to brew too. Living outside Bham and get all my stuff from Alabrew off Roebuck Parkway. I have made around 10 batches thus far and there is really not much to it. Even a bad craft beer is better than a good macro-brewed one! Good Luck!

P.S. What do you say to an Alabama football player in a 3-piece suit?

----Will the defendant please rise!!!!

sorry bro, couldnt resisit!

Welcome to the forum bama.
I say get down to it! Extract brewing is sooo easy and the rewards are sooo good that there's no reason to wait. I'm a jump-in-over-my-head kinda guy and I'd say I struck the bottom of the pool when I started. You can't see it but believe me, it's only knee deep. :D

If you are set on waiting I'd suggest that you start watching the local Craigslist ads for brewing equipment as part of your ongoing research.

sabanbunchcopy-1.jpg

Hurry up and get outa Arkansas as fast as possible!

Thanks for all of your input I can't wait to check out Alabrew in person. And man some of yall are harsh- I know its something that comes with being the group that everyone else wishes they were :).

bama

Maroon white fight fight fight Mississippi state Woo DAMN RIGHT...Yall ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bama,
Start brewing as fast as you can. It's loads of fun, and easier than you think. I did everything wrong on my 1st brew and it still tastes really good!
It's really nice to hear from all you Vols, Tigers,(or War Eagles, or Plainsmen???), and Burgundy Elephants...You will all be valuable stepping stones on the way to a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

GO DAWGS!!!:rockin:

Here's to the SEC.:mug:

(Sorry MS Bulldog, we don't play you this year-Croom Rocks!)

Back