Hello from a quiet Michigan newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailrat

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and to thank the long time brewers on this site. I've brewed about 4-5 batches and am still learning the basics.

The FAQ threads on this site are incredibly helpful. Thanks to all the "old-time" regulars who have made making beer easier for me.

Brad

Hey Revvy. How's it going?

I look forward to learning about this brewing stuff, and I have seen your experience reflected on these boards. I look forward to meeting you, one of these days.

I've learned more in the last 5 days from reading some of these threads than in the previous 5 months, brewing my own beer. This is a great board.

Welcome! There should be a sticky that states that beginners need to read all of Revvy's threads and posts! (well, ALMOST all) The man has a wealth of great info and suggestions, and some very sage advice worth following.

If it were up to me he would be the first living person to be canonized! Move over Saint Wenceslaus, here comes Saint Revvy, the patron saint of noob home brewers! :tank:

Welcome! There should be a sticky that states that beginners need to read all of Revvy's threads and posts! (well, ALMOST all) The man has a wealth of great info and suggestions, and some very sage advice worth following.

If it were up to me he would be the first living person to be canonized! Move over Saint Wenceslaus, here comes Saint Revvy, the patron saint of noob home brewers! :tank:

Lol I love that. Patron saint of newb brewers. Let me know when you start distributing necklaces with yoda holding up a pint, I want one. Welcome to the forums. Lotta Michiganders or Michiganians here (whatever you want to go by)

Sorry Revvy. I've been busy with work.

I've talked to him a lot but I don't remenmb er his name. I don't think his name is Todd. Vinomundo on Gratiot

Oh him......

Go to Todd's shop, he has more beer stuff, and is less knowitally. The guy at vinmondo has a bad rep, not just in town but within the LHBS community. Plus he doesn't really have a lot of beer stuff on hand. I only do there on emergencies.

Eastern Shores Brewing Supplies
510 Pine St
Port Huron, MI 48060
+1 810.985.3757
Email= [email protected]
Shop Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Port-Huron-MI/Eastern-Shores-Brewing-Supplies/129785677034955?ref=ts
Todd's Personal Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1770223355

It's inside his printing business. He carries some grains in bulk (which I talked him into) and is a hellova nice guy. The only bad thing is his hours are sort of loose, so it's often best to email him of call ahead. I usually hit him up through facebook to see what time he is going to be there on any given day. He can order stuff for you as well.

Also for small stuff and at odd hours even is The Spirit Shoppe
3550 Gratiot Avenue, Port Huron, MI 48060-2247 On the same aisle as there pretty decent beer selection is some homebrew supplies, mostly kits, but bottle caps, small gadgets, dry yeast , hops (at a great price) and some grain and extract. It's a good resource if you run out of bottle caps at 9pm on a Sunday night and need caps, and since it's a liquor store it is still going to be open. Or if you forget to make a starter and need DME.

Thanks Revvy. I have heard of his store. I'll stop by sooon. I'm looking to make a batch in the next week or so.

Hi Brad!

...from an even newer newbie in Sterling Heights (second batch in the primary), hoping to uncap my first brew on Christmas eve :mug:

Where in Sterling Heights? My parents are in the area of 16 and dodge park.

Do you ever go to Sue's in st, clair? A bunch of brewers hang out there on thursday nights for the 5 dolalr burger/microbrew special. I usually hold court there from about 6:30 to 9 pm.

Do you ever go to Sue's in st, clair? A bunch of brewers hang out there on thursday nights for the 5 dolalr burger/microbrew special. I usually hold court there from about 6:30 to 9 pm.

No I haven't been there. St Clair is a bit out of my circle of hangouts. It sounds like I should try it.

Latest posts

Back