Hello everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat Brewmeister

Pour, Drink, Pee, Repeat
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Evidently, I signed up here over a year ago and didn't remember doing it - possibly the influence of drinking homebrew and surfing the Internet. Someone steered me here for information and I found out I had an account, so I decided to post.

I've been brewing here in Cincinnati for almost 10 years now. Started with Mr. Beer for a few batches, then go figure, been slowly accumulating equipment since then.

I have been finding quite a bit of helpful information just browsing around and just wanted to say thanks.

Welcome and thanks for coming back, we missed you. (Well, maybe not if we never knew you). Anyway it's good to see people find/re-discover HBT. This place is a great place to learn, share information, or just shoot the shxt.

Happy Brewing.

Thanks for the welcome/welcome back. Yes, Mr. Beer was retired long, long ago. In its place came a bunch of great equipment that a homebrewing friend who developed bad stomach problems donated to me and it has been built upon ever since. Just finishing a starter for a Wee Heavy I am making over the weekend. Pale Ale to come in a month (contest coming up) and a Coffee Porter in the keg right now.

OOH! Java and beer together, the 2 nectars of the gods in one drink! Do tell us how that works out.

w/b :D

It is extremely heavy on the java. To keep the coffee oils out of the beer so my head retention wouldn't be killed, instead of brewing the coffee or adding it at the end of the boil, I put 1 pound of coffee and 2 quarts of water in the fridge for 24 hours before the beer was ready for the keg. The coffee absorbed 1 quart and the other quart I brought to boil then cooled and added to the keg. I meant to only add 12 ounces of coffee, but had a measurement error (my wife said she would pick up 12 ounces for me and got a pound and I never double checked). It really could have used only 8 to 10 ounces of coffee as the coffee overpowers the beer. It is getting better since the fine coffee sediment is settling out and being drawn off, but I may brew a mini-batch of porter and "dilute" it. Right now, I think it is something like the Drew Carey "Buzz Beer".:drunk:

Back