Hello all.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taterosu

Reaction score
My name is John and Im from western Oklahoma. Really I have no brewing experience at all. I have made some wine from a recipe a guy posted on you tube called Redneck Wine. Just used bottled juice, table sugar and baking yeast lol. I have been doing some research and trying to learn all i can about the brewing process before I dove off into it. I tend to get in over my head with alot of projects and wanted to make sure I could handle brewing beer before I bought a bunch of equipment. This spring I started a hops bed and planted several different hops varities and I am currently looking for the equipment I need. I want to grow everything that I can here on the farm for my beer or that is my plan lol. Glad to find this forum. I have already got alot of great info and its just my first day. Thanks for having me on your site :mug:

Curiousity killed the cat...or in the case of the homebrewer, drunk the cat. Brewing beer is an ongoing lesson. I enjoy good beer and started brewing a year ago. I found/joined this site after my first batch and the information provided in the forums have lead to my brewing beer that I would actually buy as a consumer. Dive in and get started Tater! You won't regret it. Welcome to the machine.

BTW--How was that wine?

Well it wasnt too bad considering how little work and effort went into it. I took it out to the a little bar I go to and gave some samples and they drank all of it that I had made :)

My name is John and Im from western Oklahoma. Really I have no brewing experience at all. I have made some wine from a recipe a guy posted on you tube called Redneck Wine. Just used bottled juice, table sugar and baking yeast lol. :mug:

==snip==

I like to make mead, and have done several batches, several types of fruit, basic must, easy peasy. Look up a recipe called Joe's Ancient Orange Mead online. Very simple to make, and done in about 2 months. I have a batch that's nearly complete.

Brewing beer is easy too, though it's easy to get bogged down in details. Just boil the malt extract, add hops, chill, add yeast, and let nature do it's thing! (Of course, depending on what you want to make, it can get very involved)

Welcome to the board!

Back