Hello all from Pahrump, NV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

termtermman

Reaction score
I found this sight through a homebrew forums search and it seems to be just what i'm looking for. I've only done extract and some extract/steeping, but decided it's time to just take the plunge into all-grain. Given my desert location, summertime presents fermenting challenges.

Welcome to the forum. It has been a great resource for me. I get to Vegas once or twice a year. Are there any good brew stores in the area?

Welcome! I've only ever been out to Nevada once in my life, but I would like to go back (SO much awesome hiking to be done out there!). If you're looking to go all-grain there's definitely a few threads you should check out in the DIY forum, specifically these:

Making a 10-gallon mash tun for under $75
Turn a freezer into a fermenting cabinet

And really anything else that tickles your fancy! Welcome to the addiction.

Well, if you depend on a swamp box for cooling your house, it would be a challenge. I remember days in LV when the output of mine would be over 95F. If you can keep your house down to 80F, there are beer styles and yeasts that will work.

Back