Hello all from Lil' Rhody

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeplik

Reaction score
Hi folks! Been a long time extract brewer (on and off for almost 20 years) but finally decided a few months ago to try AG and discovered your wonderful community here! I have found so much great advice and ideas here that I just had to join and stop trolling around!

I'm happy to say that I have made two AG batches now; a Robust Porter (2 weeks in the bottle) and an Irish Red (currently in Primary). I am so hooked on AG already! The Porter may be green but it's the best damn thing I've ever made! No way am I going back to extract! I'm eyeing Yooper's 60 DFH clone for my next batch, although I'm being pushed towards a Celebration by my SWMBO. By the way I got her to make her first extract batch about 2 months ago and now she's hooked, which makes life even grander!

I haven't met you folks yet, but I already need to thank many of you! Through this site, and your guidance, I felt very comfortable making the switch. I'm already jonesing to automate with a HERMS or RIMS! But I figure I should get several batches under my belt to get a better understanding of what affects what.

So with all of that said, THANK YOU all very much, and I look forward to chatting and learning more from you!

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome from Providence. I am a personal friend of Bartman and can tell you that he is a master brewer among other things!!

Mike613, glad to meet ya! I guessed Bartman to be a serious brewer based on the long list of bottled goodness!

nepatsfan1, that's a great profile name!:rockin: Tough season this year though!

chef90, so I've only got two AG batches under my belt. The first batch took me 6 hours and the second about 5 1/2. That's from taking the equipment out to puting it away. There's some efficiency in there to be had for sure, for example i waited until after the wort was in the carboy before I started washing the equipment. I know the MLT can be cleaned and washed while the BK is boiling. Also I have been using my electric stove to heat my mash water. I'm guessing if I use the propane burner I could heat that 8 gallons of water a lot quicker. Right now it takes about an hour for me to get it to strike temp. I'm sure your mileage will vary. Got my third batch lined up for this weekend; a Centennial IPA. :)

Welcome. HWMBO is from Woonsocket and we go back a few times a year. I'll take any chance I can to rag on Pats/Sox fans though.

Back