Hell y'all from Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjacket

Reaction score
Hi there! I am from Ft. Lauderdale, FL now living in Midtown Atlanta. I am fortunate to have two good LHBS about 20 min from my front door. I got started in this adventurous hobby at the first of the year. I just cooked my fourth batch - a Belgian Wit with orange flavor. I have done two kits and a guided recipe to round out my novice experience. Oh, and all are great!

I am sick of living in a restricted mostly tasteless beer state/market. I figured it was time to make my own so I can enjoy what the west coast has to offer. So far I can tell most are obsessed with this - awesome. I am already feeling that way. I hope to get some good ideas and use this as a great knowledge base. Cheers! :mug:

Hi. Welcome to the forum! We have some pretty good local brews in Hotlanta.

Sweetwater Brewery in midtown makes some good beer my favorites are Sweet Georgia Brown Ale and Festive Ale ( which is all gone until next winter). Their other beers are good too I'm just not much of a hop head.

Gordon Biersch on Peachtree St. has some really good beer too.:mug:

Welcome from Fayetteville. Yes, there are only a few LHB stores left here. About 15 years ago there were 8-12...

Here's a plug for my LHBS:
Just Brew It.
123 Rainbow Way. Fayetteville, Ga.
(15min S of the Airport)
Open Thu-Sat, Closed all of May.

Another welcome from the southside, a few of us have gotten together from this great forum and met up for a few beers. Hopefully we can do it again and get more folks.....Check out the chat room at night also..

I am just past Stone Mountain. I am also from fort Lauderdale. I moved here in my senior year of high school in '74.

mrk305 said:
I am just past Stone Mountain. I am also from fort Lauderdale. I moved here in my senior year of high school in '74.

I forget the name of it, but there is a brew store on Hwy 78 near hwy 124. It's where I got my start. Anyway, we've discussed it here and a quick search of the site should get you the name.

Welcome from Canton! I too am from Ft. Lauderdale. Moved here when I was 4. As for a LHBS I go to Brew Depot in Alpharetta. It's a nice, clean store with a helpful staff. Good luck!

pldoolittle said:
I forget the name of it, but there is a brew store on Hwy 78 near hwy 124. It's where I got my start. Anyway, we've discussed it here and a quick search of the site should get you the name.

That was located where the new Lowe's is now. The moved to Indian Trail Rd about a half mile north of Hwy 29 in the same little shopping center as NAPA Auto Parts. That is where I get almost all my stuff. They are closed on Monday, but open on Sunday. Homebrew Supply in Lilburn 770-638-8383

mrk305 said:
That was located where the new Lowe's is now. The moved to Indian Trail Rd about a half mile north of Hwy 29 in the same little shopping center as NAPA Auto Parts. That is where I get almost all my stuff. They are closed on Monday, but open on Sunday. Homebrew Supply in Lilburn 770-638-8383

Thank for the update! Gotta support our LHBS's or they'll be gone...

Back