Heineken bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman13

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remove the labels off Heineken bottles?
I was given 2 cases and would like to use for a hard cider I have in the primary
The bottles are soaking in a TSP and water bath right now, somehow I don’t think that’s going to do it

They definitely suck to delabel. You need something to peel the edge back a bit then it will pull off--sometimes in one piece, sometimes in a hundred.

To be honest between the delabeling difficulty and the fact they're green it's hard for me to convince myself they're worth the trouble any more. Only thing I've seen any worse are Australian wine bottles.

If you really want them off, set aside some time (an hour or two?), get them soaking in oxyclean/your-favorite-cleaner and hot water, and take a razor blade to 'em. This has worked for me on difficult labels, and if you want to get really detailed, take a chore boy or sos to the glue that might be left after the blade.

plastic film labels like heineken and landshark are the EASIEST to remove, even easier than paper.
soak them in hot water, and peal them off in one piece.

plain old HOT water.

plastic film labels like heineken and landshark are the EASIEST to remove, even easier than paper.
soak them in hot water, and peal them off in one piece.

plain old HOT water.

agreed. i delabeled 2 doz in half an hour. then i heard they're hard to cap so i dunno if it was worth the effort

I came across 4 cases or so of these bottles. I tried to remove the label from one and decided I'd just leave them on.

I use them for beer that's either going to get consumed quickly or beer that I wasn't especially fond of when I need to free up a keg.

Bench grinder with wire wheel or a wire wheel on a drill. Removes every label completely, every time in under 10 seconds. Don't forget to use eye protection.

BTW it will even remove those pesky painted on labels if you so desire. ;)

Unless your heart is set on using Heinies try getting a similar type of green bottled beer...St. Paulys (I think they are taller) comes to mind. Does seem like a decent amount of work but if its what you want the above posts just about have it covered.

I helped a friend cap some Heineken bottles. The shape of the top of the bottle makes them a real pain to get the caps on right. I would recycle them and find something else.

Just my two cents on removing labels... I tried various ways to remove labels and found there were some that just would not come off. Finally I tried soaking my bottles in brewvint brewery cleaner overnight and every label and piece of adhesive came off easily.

Just my two cents on removing labels... I tried various ways to remove labels and found there were some that just would not come off. Finally I tried soaking my bottles in brewvint brewery cleaner overnight and every label and piece of adhesive came off easily.

Brewvint brewery cleaner is pretty amazing at removing almost anything in a soak.

Latest posts

Back