Heat Dangers from Turkey Fryer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle_jimbo

Reaction score
So, I've just finished building a wooden brew stand. I have used ceramic tiles to shield the heat from the turkey fryer burner from the wood. My only other concern is that this brew stand will be up against my back patio door which is glass.

How much of a concern is it to have the heat source so close to the glass?

I know that I could probably put some heavy duty casters on the bottom of the stand so that I can move it out from the wall while I brew, but I hate casters and I'd prefer not to do that if possible.

Is there any type of heat barrier that I could buy that I could put around the heat source to protect the surroundings?

we talking 2" or a foot? Did you use backer board for the tiling?

The backerboard should dissipate the heat as with the distance from the glass. as long as there is some circulation back there it should prolly be ok

Thanks for the reply. We're talking about 6 inches or so. I haven't installed the tile permanently or anything. It's just a piece of tile that the burner sits on top of. There is nothing currently between the burner and the glass door.

Back